I’ve blogged before about the great people at genealogyforum.org. The wonderful volunteer crew will be holding an online Open House October 16-22 starting at 8pm PST/5pm EST every night. If you’re into genealogy, stop in and meet the staff.
Here’s the announcement:
The GenealogyForum.org Open House will be held this week (October 16th to the 22nd). Everyone with an interest in genealogy is welcome to join us, meet our staff, and participate in the various activities.
Here are some of the highlights for this week:
~~Genealogy Quiz (Sunday Night)
~~Mini lectures on Irish and Scottish genealogy (Wednesday and Friday Nights)
~~The Research Party – we do lookups in a variety of sources for you for free!!! – (Wednesday Night)
*Everyone who comes to the Research Party on October 19th will be entered in a drawing*
More events are planned, so please check our Open House schedule: http://www.genealogyforum.org/openhouseschedule.php
==How to join the festivities for Open House==
1. Go to http://www.genealogyforum.org
2. Click on Chat in the menu bar
3. Click on chatroom in the drop down menu
4. A login screen will appear. It may take a few seconds to load.
5. Enter the name you would like to be known as for the evening (only staff members need passwords), then click Login.
6. Click on Choose a Room to enter a chat room
7. Enjoy yourself!
This link will take you directly to the chat room login screen: http://www.genealogyforum.org/chat.php
If you have any questions about GenealogyForum.org’s Open House or our website, please send me an email.
Open House starts at 5pm PST/8pm EST each night this week…all activities are free! We hope you’ll stop in to visit!